- Remove Bandage after 1 hour.
- Wash tattoo with warm water and a mild fragrance free antibacterial soap, such as Dial or Ivory
- Rinse soap off tattoo and air dry or pat dry.
- Do not cover tattoo again.
- Apply a very thin coat of Aquaphore or Bacitracin to the tattoo 3 to 4 times daily for the first 3 days.
- After day 3, switch from Bacitracin to a colorless and fragrance free lotion.
- No swimming, soaking, tanning, picking or scratching your tattoo for the first 2 weeks.
TATTOO CARE DO’S & DO NOT’S
Your new tattoo will be somewhat tender, and will feel like a new sunburn. The care of your tattoo is your responsibility. How you care for it in the first few days determines the way it will look forever.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Remove bandage carefully – wet in shower first if it seems to stick.
- Wash tattoo with warm water and a mild soap, lathering with hand.
- Rinse tattoo well with warm water, until surface of tattoo feels squeaky clean.
- Pat tattoo dry with a clean, disposable paper towel.
- Apply small amount of lotion or ointment to tattoo and work into skin.
- Blot excess lotion or ointment with a clean paper towel.
- Tattoo should not be greasy – LESS IS MORE!
- Do not rebandage tattoo!
- Do not use washcloth, loofa, or sponge to wash tattoo!
- Do not dry with a towel. Cloth towels can harbor bacteria!
- Do not touch tattoo with dirty hands! Do not let anyone else, either!
- Do not apply excessive lotion or ointment. Tattoo should not look “soggy”
- Do not use products containing aloe vera , alcohol, or cortisone.
- Do not expose tattoo to natural or artificial sunlight for a minimum of 3 weeks
- Do not soak in tub, pool, or lake. All contain bacteria!
- Do not pick or scratch tattoo! Use a little lotion for itching.
DAYS 2 – 14:
Healing tattoos will peel and flake; small bits of colored skin will shed. It may not look as “crisp” as the first few days and may appear “hazy”. This is completely normal, and will clear up in 2- 3 weeks. Continue to wash and dry tattoo twice a day, morning, and night, as directed for in day one. Apply lotion 4-6 times / day, being sure to use a small amount only, and work it in.
PRODUCTS WE RECOMMEND:
Soap: Liquid antibacterial soap.
Lotion: Colorless and fragrance free lotion.